I Wrote Fiction Stories
Cinderella, Rapunzel, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, The Little Pigs, Gulliver, Moby Dick, and more magical plots are the stories children love to hear. And of course, even for professionals who want some kind of inspiration, fun and creative entertainment – childhood and fiction stories are forever part of life.
The thrill these stories give to readers are intellectual and helpful because new ideas are formed and copied from the classic and basic story patterns.
The short story roots form an idea that involves a theme; a plot with a conflict, a climax and a denouement; characters; point of view; setting; dialogue and symbols.
The short story is a fiction story that is a work of imagination telling about life here, now, and yonder as if happening truthfully for real.
Here are tips I compiled from some books about the qualities of a commendable short story:
1. The story must be fresh in style
2. The story must portray true-to-life events
3. Words used must sound real and easy to understand
4. It must have freshness of appeal
5. Writer must use his own style
6. The story must involve a series of crises and should be of value to life
7. The story must tickle the reader if it involves humor and must get into the reader’s nerves if it is heavy drama
8. it must be of vital interest
and of course, it must be original.
Short stories run between 1000 and 5000 words. To the imaginative person – and no one who is not imaginative would attempt to write fiction – every human being is full of interest. The trained fictional eye observes in order to find material for his work.
/rose flores - martinez
February 6, 2010 FAITH, LOVE, TIME AND DR. LAZARO By: Greg Brillantes From the upstairs veranda, Dr. Lazaro had a view of stars, the...
January 11, 2010 Desire by Paz Latorena She was homely. A very broad forehead gave her face an unpleasant, masculine look. Her eyes, ...
May 6, 2010 Story: Faith, Love, Time and Dr. Lazaro by Greg Brillantes Pagsasalin: Paniniwala, Pag-big, Panahon at Si Dr. Lazaro Mu...