Tuesday, May 22, 2012

In Your Rogate




Before I go, let me tell you –

how much you mean to me and that,

I will miss you in the waters I will sail.



Equidistant to where we live -

it is the same water from one rain

and same drops falling from one sky.



I will miss you, miss you everyday

of the trek, of which we don’t know

when we’d touch hands again. I will



leave you with your apricots and plums

raisin and wafer, the spring for your

thirst, the falls for your bath. As you



wait for me, every new day in

solace, that foamy face of blue

and white blinking stars and rainbow





mouth, open with hope, remember -

how I touched your face, lived your gaze,

how I kissed your mouth, your tongue



oiled your hair, your hands – everything,

you wished for in my womb – white light

of grace loving God, O God, our God!



Nothing could be over, because

we are meant for each other.

As the stars and its constellations



amuse the earth, we couldn't draw

miracles, only live it, and

offer the harvest of the earth:



blooming flowers in the garden –

fruits that feed babies and us all.

oh beautiful sky of clouds -



pineapple and melons are the

favorites in the meals we partake.

Don’t forget I love you, as always...





Every time you drink the cup,

every time you chant and praise,

when you bow and clasp those hands,



don’t forget, I love you sweetly.

I love you so much, when those knees

bend down and you look up the sky in peace.



Don’t forget I love you - so much.

In all that you speak, I adore you.

In your “Rogate,” I adore you.



===



RoseVoc2 on May 22, 2012. I'm surprised, as well. I thank the Lord for the zeal.



St. Hannibal, pray for us.

Send O Lord, holy workers into your church.



Blessed John Paul, pray for us.

 
Also on PoemHunter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...