Sunday, May 13, 2012

Goodbye Dear Grandmother

Goodbye Dear Grandmother




When I was younger, I thought you would never die



I thought you were an immortal



You were wonderfully healthy



You were morally good



You were a virtuous woman, always in the mood.



Once I asked you, “Why do people work? ”



And then you answered, “Because to live is to work! ”



Then I said, “Life is tough, we need to stop and rest.”



“No! ” She told me, “Life is beautiful; it is a test.”



And now you lay down



Destined for a peaceful town



“To live is to work… To die is to rest.”



Goodbye Grandmother,



Goodbye for now.


/rosalinda flores martinez

also on poemhunter.com / one of my oldest poems;rosevoc2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...