Thursday, April 5, 2012

Good Friday

It rained down on me - everything including the ruins of my past. Because today is good Friday for me and a marked day to be acquainted with cancer cells of different people (in the clinic, bringing a cancer patient) know them so well, had them treated right to stop their mutations.




Here's the burst of simple things that annoy - steal time, freeze brains, and nail feet to destinations you wouldn't wish for. Teardrops couldn't even fall.



It's just like Good Friday. Good Friday comes triumphant in Easter. Yet the day itself offers a time of keeping close with conscience. It makes us a little kinder and generous. Yes, the wrath of the cross is salvation to mankind. I wanted to carry my shadows so it wouldn't follow me. Coming across these routine, I have the same monologues with that of a bored housewife, and a caretaker.



I have my own strong world like chains of mountains that GOD planted. I made sure its temples wouldn't fall, its walls wouldn't crack. I live just under the sky with no roof and tread along the road with no one, like Neruda in his poems. My house - is just a little better than the house on Mango Street. People say, it's Philippines small Vatican.



Complaints on good Friday. I wouldn't like to complain. I understand that each of us has his own woes and concerns. Living is not easy. If we don't have enough courage, it's like losing a war. That is why I believe that GOD is brilliant and loves us all to let us experience what earth would mean, if for short moments we would live together on this planet.



On good Fridays, we remember why Jesus died for us on the cross. After the trials in life, God has redeemed humanity. The miracle of the cross is the miracle of our lives.



Let us ponder on Jesus' Stations of the Cross (14 Stations)



Pope Benedict XVI approved this set of stations for meditation and public celebration in 2007:



1. Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane

2. Jesus is betrayed by Judas and arrested

3. Jesus is condemned by the Sanhedrin

4. Jesus is denied by Peter

5. Jesus is judged by Pilate

6. Jesus is scourged and crowned with thorns

7. Jesus takes up His cross

8. Jesus is helped by Simon to carry His cross

9. Jesus meets the women of Jerusalem

10. Jesus is crucified

11. Jesus promises His kingdom to the repentant thief

12. Jesus entrusts Mary and John to each other

13. Jesus dies on the cross

14. Jesus is laid in the tomb



Hence, we are saved. Thanks be to God!



Rosalinda Flores - Martinez

Iwrotefiction,reposted by rosevoc2.2012

also on Ezine Articles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...