Sunday, June 23, 2013

A PORTRAIT OF MY DAD

A Portrait Of My Dad

A man of courage with strong back.
of clean nails and tender hands
of well-combed hair and Old Spice
of red lips and heart so wise;

of sad eyes, but happy will
of yellow teeth and firm nose
of laughing cheeks and warm chest
of walking feet and Sunday's best.

My Dad's a prize from Heaven up!
In God's delight, a family -
of work and lessons everyday
And love for all, he'd always say.

To Hannibal, he left me then
to Sacred Heart - I don't know when
and peace and love for all to pray
be strong in faith, the angels say!





P. S.
I love you, Daddy. May you and all the faithful departed rest with GOD forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...