Friday, November 16, 2012

DEAR POETS: MAY I LEAVE A COMMENT? THANK YOU, ROSEVOC2

Dear Poets: May I Leave A Comment? Thank You.




To: Sir William C. Williams (on The Descent)



Descent is the moon that wanes beneath darkness

Clouds, gray nights of cold

Like a love unrequited

Like tales untold



Like throes hiding under shadows

Like dreams unrealized burrow

Etched is truth, there lies abyss

Lonely lilacs surrender peace.



To Mr. R. Eberhart (on Grave Piece)



Death nigh unto life, lay questions of tomorrow

Four doves in the grave, blight then, now sorrow

O crystal Tear, of all be near, I shall not fear, I shall not fear!



To: Mr. W.H. Auden (on Perhaps)



Your “barren virtuous marriage of stone and water”

Is a ring in my heart where name and image meet.



You paint a soothing ocean in the summer

Black stones glittering gold cobwebs ponder

Underneath stones sparkling ripples of kiss

My lips supple - still, pure pink for your love

Lithe for your flesh; be for you, Dear love.



To: Sir Dylan Thomas (on After the Funeral)



Could there be a love like Michael Furey’s love?

Could Ann Jones be the reality of Gretta?

What other thoughts tie Sir James with you?

And me, and the others? Perhaps love, that of Auden.



Scrubbed and sour humble hands of old Anne

Clench monuments for the boys shedding dry leaves



And I, now a mother, a womb of oceans

My naked chest for the world



And after all the lovers gone

Vigor and bloom on window sills

Everything fades from a love, all transient like grass



Only funerals in choir of angels

Only God’s love eternally lasts



And for my lover, my lover, my lover

Haul me up your arms when in death;

Nigh your heart, nigh your breath,

In peace, cast away my fear

To Father God, I shall forever rest.



Did I make sense, dear great poets?

Thank you for the poems.

God bless the poets!

rosalinda flores martinez
on iwrotefiction

/also on poemhunter.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...