Monday, September 3, 2012

Corridors of Gold


A Poem: Corridors of Gold

/also on poemhunter.com by rosevoc2





Time, the precious stone of sunlight

Was your gift to me



Your hymn, the rising and falling

Tide of the shore

Was the only voice

I could recognize



Gold lights in the corridors

Were the precious hours

We laughed aloud in the pantry

Reading,

And when the lights were off

You told me I was beautiful



I have kept your word

Your every promise of hope

All that made you

Inevitable



Gold was

The evening color



Gold in the calm

Corridors of the house



When your sturdy footsteps were

My pride



When faith in your eyes gleamed

Like agates

In the tint of golden rays

Coming from

The core of a pure heart



Gold

When, in the Blessed Sacrament of Gold,

Nested in the hours of longing

Breathed in me mercy



It was in the corridors



We sat together,

In the corridors, you held every bead

Tightly

Grasping for grace



My heart wanted you

Your language of adoration



In those corridors

You were most amiable,

In every breath of prayer.







/posted by rose in september on iwrotefiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Miracle

  THE MIRACLE By Ben Crisp and Rose Flores   The coffee was still too hot, so I cradled the foam cup between my knees and lit my last ...